Friday, June 01, 2007

Getting hit on...by cars that is.

We had an opening at work the other night. It was a madhouse! Busy as all get-out. I was standing at the front desk when someone comes running in and says, "Call 911. Someone just got hit by a car." So I of course called 911, but had no idea what I was reporting. So had to yell at my colleague to get answers for the dispatcher on the line. Here are some of the questions she asked...

Is the victim breathing? Yes
Is the victim bleeding? No
Is the vicim conscious? Yes
Is the victim male or female? Female
How old is the victime? 30-40
What is your address?
What is your phone number?
Is the car still on the scene? Yes
What is the license plate number?
What is your name?

I think that was about it. It seemed like alot of questions at the time. She told me to make sure to tell the victim not to move. It took what seemed like an eternity, and the ambulance finally arrived.

Apparently the woman was about to get towed, so she ran out to her car to move it, didn't look both ways and ran into a slow moving care. I am happy to report that she is fine. I went out and said to her, "You are going to be okay. I know it's scary. But you'll be okay." She mostly just looked scared.

Never a dull moment . . .

No comments: