Thursday, March 15, 2007

A Much Needed Rock Concert

Since moving to New York I have had serious trouble with not finding out about concerts until they have sold-out. Luckily I discovered www.ohmyrockness.com which gives me the heads-up about upcoming shows. This is how I got tickets way in advance for the sold-out Raveonettes concert at Mercury Lounge. I thought I'd share a few pictures. Unfortunately I have to get to bed so I'm not gonna leave much commentary.

These are pics of the opening band. They were actually one of the highlights of the night. They ROCKED! They are called, "Dead Combo". In the middle of the performance an owl at the front of the stage started to blow smoke out on the audience. Unfortunately it let off too much smoke which caused a fire alarm to go off. So this caused the mics to die.






And here are a couple of pics of The Raveonettes. They have amazing charisma. Must be the Scandinavian genetics?






No comments: