Monday, November 06, 2006

Catching Up

I took a brief hiatus from the blog due to an intensive search to find a cheaper apartment with a private room. Within my price range I found the following 2 rooms in midtown:

1. A room with a mother and daughter who are both activists trying to bring down the bush regime. They have lived in the apartment for 20 years. It was filled with plants and other items that looked like they hadn't been dusted in that time. The daughter told me their last roommate yelled at her for coming home too early while she and her boyfriend were doing Kama Sutra.

2. A room in an apartment with an older gentleman with dreadlocks from The Cayman Islands (he AND the dreadlocks are from Cayman--not just the dreadlocks). The room had no light. The place was dark. And he was a collector. Collector of dusty figurines and trophies. The room smelled of incense. Suspicious.

This experience caused me to broaden my horizons into Queens. I eventually found the perfect apartment at the last minute in Astoria off the NYU Housing List. My room is big, private and has lots of light. That's all I need really. My new roomie is Leejone. Hi Leejone!

So. I moved in 2 days ago. Hence, the brief pause from blogging. I also started a new temp assignment and went to 3 interviews last week. It was a CRAZY week. Hopefully I'll be back in the saddle soon enough.

1 comment:

VirtualM said...

Hey I looked at your new roomie's webpage and I had to read 'Future Cinema' for one of my classes last year. Weird.
Glad you found a place, especially one with windows!