Thursday, January 18, 2007

What I Wish I'd Said: Subway Encounter III

Well. I've been busy with work, so haven't written much. But I wanted to write a little blurb about another fun subway encounter. Now that I spend about an hour everyday on the Subway I see alot of interesting stuff. The subway is like another city in and of itself.

So I was about to swipe my card and go through the turnstile when another one of these bloated looking old guys with plastic glass frames butts in front of me. To make matters worse, as he's going through the turnstile he turns to me and asks, "Are you Irish?" I just said, "No" and looked down. He says, "Because you have red hair." I didn't really acknowledge the comment. Duh. I know I have red hair. I could be minutely Irish. But mostly I'm Welsh and Scottish.

I actually said what I should have to not draw attention to the situation. Who knows what he would have said if I said, "Yes." Although sometimes I do kind of want to say, "Leave me alone creep." But that might just encourage him.

No comments: