Thursday, September 21, 2006

What I Should Have Said: MoMA Interview

So I interviewed at the Museum of Modern Art for a job this last Tuesday. There were alot of things I wish I had said differently. But one comment particularly comes to mind.

Interviewer: Why MoMA?
Me: Because it's MoMA!

What I should have said---

Interviewer: Why MoMA?
Me: Well. MoMA is THE definition of Modern and Contemporary Art. Since the 1930's MoMA has defined art before it becomes art history--as it is still living and breathing. It sets the standard for all Art Museums to follow. The growth of the Museum since the move to 53rd street alone exemplifies the importance of MoMA in New York City. I would be honored to one day say that I played a minor part in spreading the message of MoMA to the world.

Or something to that effect. What else should I have said? Any ideas?

2 comments:

CAB said...

Hi, did you get the job? :) greetings from Germany CAB

Alyssa said...

I am sure the interview went well - I think you should get it so that we can work across the street from each other! How great would that be?