Wednesday, October 04, 2006

A Day on the "Farm"

A family from church was kind enough to let a group of us visit their "farm" somewhere in Upstate New York (I honestly have no idea where we were). The reason I write "farm" is because it was more like an ESTATE. 350 acres! After having lived in tiny, city apartments for 5 years I cannot even fathom what it would be like to own that much SPACE. About 40 of us loaded into 3 vans and headed 2 hours north of NYC. Here I am with Lisa and Mark in the van.



They have a beautiful home in the Hudson River Valley.



And a pool house . . .



And a buck's head . . .



I didn't include pictures of the tennis court. Which was my favorite part of the day. I'd forgotten how much I LOVE tennis. Overall, I have to say that this experience led me to feel a little like Elizabeth from Pride & Prejudice. I started to question what I would have to offer an eligible young man in a family with 350 acres. Dowry? Title? Not really. But I do have a great personality. Which is worth more than millions. Right?

1 comment:

Siren of the Farmhouse said...

Sure you don't know the city? depending on how far north you are, they may be in the boundaries of the New York Utica Mission, where I served a million years ago...
Yeah, I remember tracting some houses up there. I just couldn't fathom all that LAND. And the sheer mansion-ness of it all. IT was enough to make me walk around with my mouth open and say to myself...I could never have this much money, and even if I did, crap! This is like half a city! :) Looks like you had fun...
Krista