Wednesday, December 13, 2006

My New Digs--Thoughts on Queens

As most of you know, I headed out to live in Astoria, Queens a few months ago. I found the apartment on the NYU Housing list. So here are a few long awaited pictures. Below is a shot of my living room. This is right before my birthday party.



Here are some pics of my new bedroom. I have 2 closets!







Some of the pros of living in Queens:

Quiet--Fewer Sirens
Alot more space for the money
Families
It is more like a neighborhood
Second-hand stores galore
Speakers on each street corner playing christmas music
Having a yard

The Cons:

Less convenient for Manhattan
Fewer cabs
People don't want to visit because they think it is far away

Conclusion: Moving to Queens is the best move I've made. There is no way I could find this kind of space, peace and quiet in Manhattan. Now I just need to convince my friends to move here.

No comments: