Monday, December 18, 2006

Where The Boys Are

This last Saturday I accompanied my friend Alyssa on a shopping excursion for the Holidays. I think we somehow ran into the epicenters for both attractive Indy and mountain men in New York City. Or maybe because we both lived in Hell's Kitchen so long, we aren't used to seeing a lot of straight men out and about.

Anyway. We went to an art exhibit to send off a popular graffiti spot on the lower east side. The building is being turned into condos, so goodbye graffiti. It is actually sad to see it go b/c it has alot of history. Long story short, there was a load of attractive indy/artsy guys hanging out there.

Our next stop was the EMS sporting store on 5th avenue (maybe I shouldn't reveal the location). This seemed to be an epicenter for earthy guys. Both of our jaws were dropping. The ultimate was spotting the darling Julian Casablancas from the Strokes. I glanced up at him as I passed and then my eyes about bugged out of my head. I told Alyssa I needed to get another look just to make sure it was him. So I wandered over and took another, casual gawk at him. What a darling. Too bad he was with his wife. Doh! Here he is . . .



Unfortunately I don't have any stories about how we met a couple of guys. We just saw them. But hey. That's something.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

sometimes just seeing is enough to offer hope ; ) we will definitely need to do that more often!

KPW said...

hey
happy birthday and congrats on the move. do you have the dream job yet?
Kendall